After seven months of photo shooting (http://mlimba.com/photoshoots-for-a-book-project) and writing, and countless copy-editing in between, the coffee table book is NOW out!
“Muslim Mindanao and the Sulu Archipelago: A Current of Narratives” presents a panoramic tableau of the rich culture of the Southern Philippines as shaped by the customs and traditions of its people. It leads us through an exploration of the life-giving waterways that abound in Mindanao and the Sulu Archipelago; waterways that, for centuries, have connected the peoples of the region, borne witness to their struggles and hardships, and enriched their narratives and dreams.
* Water, Blood and Kinship
* Flow of the Currents
* Islamic Culture and Art in the Philippines
* Muslim Folklore and Traditions
* Dance and Music: Performing Arts in Southern Philippines
* Culinary Culture of the Southern Philippines
* Nourishing with the Water of Life
* Julkipli Wadi
* Ligaya Fernando-Amilbangsa
* Michaela Fenix
* Mansoor L. Limba
* Nagasura T. Madale
* Datu Shariff Pendatun
Photographer: Jacob Maentz